Posted Date : September 20,2021
Product (RFP/RFQ/RFI/Solicitation/Tender/Bid Etc.) ID : FOOD-6342
Government Authority located in Oceanside, California; USA based organization looking for expert vendor for food recovery technical assistance and food waste prevention, zero waste programming, culinary-arts training, backyard composting and public education services.
[A] Budget: Looking for proposal
[B] Scope of Service:
(1) Vendor needs to provide food recovery technical assistance and food waste prevention, zero waste programming, culinary-arts training, backyard composting and public education services to the government authority located in, Oceanside, CA.
– Coordinate, implement, promote and host virtual and in person workshops for various timeframes (30 minutes, 60 minutes, and 90 minutes), with follow-up surveys and engagement to participants prior to and following each event.
– Coordinate and implement public screening events engagements around environmental documentaries and panel discussions involving local businesses and venues to provide further education and community engagement opportunities.
– Draft, design, and distribute newsletters and email content relating to zero waste and the following initiatives described below, with the option of monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual distribution frequencies
1. Zero Waste Programming
– Provide education, outreach, and resources on how to incorporate zero waste strategies (rethink, refuse, reduce, reuse, recycle, rot) in businesses, homes, and the community through zero waste workshops.
– Workshop examples include: recycling right content workshops, repair/fix-it clinics, green oceanside at home workshops (e.g. virtual how-to store food and packaging solutions), and other similar events.
2. Food recovery technical assistance and food waste prevention, the act of saving, redistributing, donating, or value-added processing of excess food to feed people, is vital to agency’s zero waste goals.
– Implement food recovery requirements, including but not limited to engaging and providing resources to commercial edible food generators, conducting inspections and data management of those generators, and supporting food distribution development and capacity within the city of oceanside.
– Design, execute, and distribute educational programming and community workshops for zero waste cooking in residential and commercial kitchens, food waste prevention strategies for residents and food service workers, and other food recovery and valued-added processing education.
– Develop and execute a culinary-arts training program, including training procedures and digital tutorials for food service industry career development and job training for veterans, disadvantaged youth, and underserved communities.
– Focus participation and outreach to all residents, with emphasis on disadvantaged and underrepresented communities, and with all materials translated into English, Spanish, and Tagalog
III. Backyard Composting
– Align and support the city’s current agency by offering enhanced backyard home composting support to agency residents and educators with digital resources, virtual one-on-one training opportunities, and free composting bin and kitchen pails mailed directly to residents.
– Develop composting education and customized support to single family and multifamily residents, including in person and virtual one -on- one or small group trainings and workshops, and digital resources, promotion, and follow-up surveys.
– Provide the option for compost bins to be delivered directly to participants.
(2) All question must be submitted no later than September 21, 2021.
(3) A pre-proposal Meeting will be held on September 14, 2021.
Onshore (USA organization Only)
[D] Work Performance:
Deadline to Submit Proposals: October 12,2021
Cost to Download This RFP/RFQ/RFI/Solicitation/Tender/Bid Document : 5 US$
Posted Date : September 20,2021